Win American Express Box Seats to Jimmy Buffett
1. The “Win box seats to Jimmy Buffett” contest (hereinafter: the “Contest”) is brought to you by Newcap Radio (hereinafter” the “Contest Organizer”). Amex Bank of Canada, Amex Canada Inc. (“AMEX”) and their affiliates (hereinafter: the “Prize Supplier”) are in no way responsible for the administration or execution of the Contest and each entrant hereby releases the Prize Supplier from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the entrant’s participation in this Contest. The Contest runs in Ontario on August 11th, 2017 from 4:00pm ET – 8:00pm ET (hereinafter: the “Contest Period”).
2. This Contest is open to persons residing in Ontario who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence as of the first day of the Contest Period. Notwithstanding the preceding, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies), their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes (including the Prize Supplier), materials and services related to this contest or any other party directly linked to the holding of this Contest (the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes: father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, legal or common-law spouse and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives reside.
HOW TO ENTER
3. No purchase necessary. On August 11th, 2017 between the hours of 4:00pm ET and 8:00pm ET, boom 97.3 listeners can text the word ‘WIN’ to boom 97.3’s SMS short code 973973 to be entered for the chance to win American Express Box Seats for the concert. Standard text messaging rates may apply by your mobile provider.
a. No purchase necessary entry method: To enter without having to send a text message, an eligible entrant must send an email during the Contest Period to email@example.com that includes his/her full name, email address and telephone number and a 50-word (or more) unique and original essay on “Why I want to see Jimmy Buffett” (an “Email Request”). If an eligible Email Request is received in accordance with these Contest Rules, the applicable entrant will be entered into the random draw (see Section 5 for details).
4. The odds of becoming an eligible winner will depend on the total entries received during the contest.
5. At approximately 8:30pm ET on the day of the contest, a random draw will take place from the concert venue from all entries received. Each selected entrant will be contacted on the mobile phone number from which they entered via SMS or the email address and telephone number provided within their Email Request
There are eight (8) prizes available to be won. Each Prize consists of:
• 2 American Express Box Seats to Jimmy Buffett concert at Budweiser Stage on August 11th, 2017 courtesy of American Express Invites. Exact seat numbers within the box are at the sole discretion of the contest organizers. Winner and guest must abide by all venue policies. Parking, travel and accommodations not included and are the sole responsibility of winner and guest. Live Nation reserves the right to revoke full or partial prize from any winner or winner’s guest who it and/or venue personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, and/or may bring Contest Entities into disrepute. Resale of tickets is prohibited. Approximate Retail Value of each Prize is One Hundred and Fifty dollars ($150.00 CAD).
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
6. In order to be declared a winner, a selected potential winner must be in compliance with these Contest Rules and in particular, the following:
6a. The Contest Organizers must be able to reach the potential winner [by phone] within thirty (30) minutes of the time in which the participant’s entry was randomly selected.
6b. The potential winner must answer correctly the mathematical skill-testing question asked on a publicity release and liability waiver form (hereinafter: the “Release Form”) sent by the Contest Organizers;
6c. If required, sign a publicity release and liability waiver form sent by the Contest Organizers before accepting the prize.
7. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. In the event a potential or declared winner fails to comply with any one of the conditions set out above or any other conditions set out in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and if time allows, a new draw for the prize will be held in accordance with these Contest Rules, until an entrant is selected and declared a winner, without affecting the order in which other prizes are awarded.
8. From the moment the potential winner has been informed their prize if available to be picked up, potential winner will have thirty (30) minutes to take possession of their prize by presenting themselves to BOOM FM representatives at Budweiser Stage located at 909 Lakeshore Boulevard West, Toronto, ON.. In the event a winner fails to collect his or her prize in accordance with the instructions set out in this paragraph, the winner will forfeit the right to collect the prize, and the Contest Organizers reserve the right to withdraw the prize entirely, with no further obligation to award such prize in any additional draws.
9. Verification. Entries are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any Entry which is incomplete, incomprehensible, inaudible, illegible, fraudulent, mutilated, altered, contains false information or is not received within the Contest Period, or otherwise does not confirm to these Contest Rules will automatically be rendered invalid and will not entitle such entrant to be eligible for a prize.
10. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Contest Rules or in a manner which is unfair to other entrants (e.g.: use of an Entry Form obtained from an unauthorized source, entries exceeding the limit allowed, computer hacking, etc.). Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest Rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Contest Organizers reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future contests. Such person may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities.
11. Non compliance/eligibility. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared. Any potential or declared winner who is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, must so inform the Contest Organizers immediately upon being contacted by the Contest Organizers.
12. Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in full or in part for cash, subject to the section below.
13. Substitution of prize. In the event it is impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or part of a prize) as described in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to award a prize (or part of a prize) of similar nature and equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the value of the prize (or of the part of the prize) in cash.
14. Refusal of a prize. The refusal by a potential or declared winner to accept any prize awarded in accordance with the Contest Rules, releases and forever discharges the Contest Organizers, the Prize Supplier and their agents of all obligations related to the prize, including delivery.
15. Liability limit – use of prize. Each entrant and any potential or declared winner releases the Contest Organizers, the Prize Supplier, Live Nation Canada, Inc. their subsidiaries, respective divisions, their parent corporations, their advertising and promotional agencies, their shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (hereinafter: the “Beneficiaries”) from any and all liability for any and all damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of his/her prize. In order to be declared a winner and prior to obtaining his/her prize, any potential or declared winner agrees to sign a declaration to such effect in the Release Form. The guest of the winner will also have to sign such a declaration to that effect in the Release Form, failing which they will not be able to take part in the Grand Prize.
16. Liability limit – running of the contest. The Beneficiaries are not liable for faulty computer components, software, or links; the loss or non-existence of communications capability; or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that make it difficult, or render a user unable, to enter the contest; problems with any website or website feature howsoever caused, the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone or network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; or the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” The Beneficiaries are not liable for any harm contestants may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of downloading any Web page or software or transmitting any information related to entry in the Contest.] Further, the Beneficiaries assume no responsibility for entries lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected.
17. Web site access. The Beneficiaries do not guarantee access to or non-interruption of the Web site during the Contest Period or that it will be exempt from any errors.
18. Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules.
19. Early termination of the Contest. In the event that the computer system cannot record all the Contest entries during the Contest Period for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date of the Contest as per the Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers will proceed with the draw among entry forms duly registered during the Contest Period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event that lead to the termination of the Contest.
20. Limit of prizes. In no event shall the Beneficiaries be obligated to award more prizes than set out in these Contest Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
21. Impossibility to act – labour dispute. The Beneficiaries shall not be responsible for any damages for a failure to operate the Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules in any case where their incapacity to act results from circumstances or a situation beyond their reasonable control or because of a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their company or those of businesses which services are used for holding this Contest, war, riot, insurrection, earthquake, terrorism, civil commotion, fire, flood, accident, storm or any other act of nature.
22. Liability limit– participation. Any person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest releases the Beneficiaries from any and all liability for damages which he/she could suffer from participating or trying to participate in this Contest.
23. Authorization. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, at their sole discretion and if required, their name, photograph, likeness, testimonial related to the prize, place of residence and/or voice without compensation whatsoever and that, without limit as for the period of use, in any media and on a worldwide scale, for publicity purposes or for any purpose that may be considered relevant. A declaration to such effect will be included in the Release Form.
24. List of winners. The name of the winners will be available at the boom 97.3 area of the South Plaza area located at Budweiser Stage from 8:00pm ET to 8:45pm ET on August 11th, 2017.
25. Property of entries. Entries are the sole property of the Contest Organizers and at no time will be returned to entrants.
26. Communication with entrants. No communication (other than while registering) or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants in the context of this Contest with the exception of selected entrants or declared winner.
27. Personal information. Contestant personal information that is collected in this Contest will be used solely by the Contest Organizer and their representatives for the administration of the Contest. There will be no communication of commercial or of any other nature, unrelated to this Contest sent to an entrant, unless such entrant gives specific authorization to the Contest Organizers for that specific purpose.
28. Decisions of the Contest Organizers. All decisions of the Contest Organizers or those of their representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding.
29. Unenforceability. If a section of these Contest Rules is declared or ruled by a Court of Law as illegal, unenforceable or void, that section will be deemed void but all other sections not affected will be enforced as allowed by Law.
30. Jurisdiction. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.