Click Here for you SWEET TREAT
This is a recipe that has been in my family for years and it reminds me of going to sleepover camp because my mum would always pack up a tin just for me. They are delicious, they are sweet, they are pretty and (though i've only come to appreciate the recently) they are VERY VERY easy to make and are VERY VERY impressive. A winning combo in my non martha stewart kind of cooking life.
So. i'll stop babbling. Here is the recipe.
Practically Perfect Peanut Butter Puffs:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup cereal (whatever you've got but i like rice crispies)
- In the lower pot of a double boiler, add water halfway to top and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. In the top of a double boiler, heat butter, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal and marshmallows.
- Pour mixture in buttered pan.
- Add fun party sprinkles to the top
- Refrigerate and cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Deelish!!! (they also taste pretty spectacular frozen - although i only recommend that if you're a fan of eating your girl guide cookies frozen. YUMMY)
Have a great week!!