Top 5 Reasons To Not Do Early Christmas Shopping
I know some people who do their Christmas shopping in August. Seriously.
Therefore, here are my top 5 reasons to not do Christmas shopping too early:
5) If you're buying clothes for someone, they'll probably either gain or lose weight by Christmastime, thus causing them to have to exchange or re-gift the items.
4) By the time Christmas rolls around, the clothes you bought for someone back in July are now out of fashion, thus rendering them useless.
3) What was the latest thing in toys when you bought it has long since been replaced with some other new toy fad. Upon being opened Christmas morning, the toy will be immediately tossed aside by the spoiled, unappreciative brat. Thus, you will undoubtedly be put on their 'Least Cool Adults' list.
2) The earlier you buy all the presents and hide them somewhere in the house, the more time the kids will now have to seek them out, find them and secretly play with them before Christmas.
1) By early December, your children will inevitably have forgotten what they asked for back in the Fall and are now counting on getting the lastest cool stuff that came out just before Christmas, causing you to have to unwrap, return and re-shop all over again, two weeks before Christmas anyway, which defeats the whole purpose of shopping early in the first place!!!